Travis Veazey is a highly skilled and motivated programmer and systems administrator currently living in Fairbanks, Alaska. He maintains a professional attitude and always has the needs of his customers forefront in his mind.
- Graduated from the University of Alaska Fairbanks with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics in May of 2008.
- Earned US DHS/NSA Information Systems Security Professional from the UAF ASSERT Center
Relevant Course Work
C/C++ Programming; Assembly Language Programming; Statistics; Computer Architecture; Data Structures and Algorithms; Database Design; Web Design; Software Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Computer Networking (Net+).
Recent Work Experience
at Resource Data, Inc., in Fairbanks, Alaska: March 2011 to Present.
- Maintain the various servers and systems at the core of the company’s business.
- Work directly with clients in the operation of their servers and workstations.
- Designed, developed, and deployed web-based applications on behalf of numerous different clients.
at Rogers Software Development, Inc., in Fairbanks, Alaska: November 2007 to March 2011.
- Lead a team responsible for integrating a large variety of new features into our flagship point-of-sale software product to meet the needs of a major client.
- Developed new features and implemented bug fixes in both our desktop and web-based applications.
- Assisted in the day-to-day operation and administration of web, database, and application servers.
- Developed and deployed a variety of automated networked processes.
at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital/Banner Health in Fairbanks, Alaska: July 2006 to November 2007.
- Developed a wide range of unique, custom web applications in PHP.
- Managed several IIS and Apache web servers; MySQL and MS SQL Server database servers.
- Laid the initial groundwork in both network and systems requirements for implementing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server.
Assistant Systems Administrator
at University of Alaska Fairbanks Facilities Services in Fairbanks, Alaska: July 2004 to February 2006.
- Helped with the day-to-day management of 150+ systems and supported 300+ users.
- Maintained the department’s web site while ensuring compatibility with older browsers.
- Managed the department’s web and application servers.
- Coordinated network needs and maintenance with the university’s networking department.
Also skilled in CSS and HTML/XHTML.
Familiar with Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, 2003, XP, Vista, 7; DOS; and GNU/Linux (especially Red Hat, Fedora Core, Ubuntu, Gentoo, and Debian).
Skilled in Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Apache, Nginx, lighttpd, IIS, Adobe and Macromedia, and BIND 9.
Can read, write, and speak French with intermediate skill; basic skills in American Sign Language (ASL).
Experienced in database design and administration; web design and development; computer hardware and software support; and network design and administration.